Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Minimalism

Along with the elimination of unnecessary material elements is the elimination of unnecessary thoughts and belief systems.

As we look at a shirt, for example, we ask: 
This black shirt I got from a friend - do I still feel good in this? 
-No. It's too tight. 
Has it served its purpose? 
-Yes. Two years. 
Shall I give it away, give it to someone? 
-Yes. Donate. 
Why should I give it up? 
-It's not needed anymore. 

We can apply the same process to an idea: 
This idea of 'I must think positive all the time' that I got from a workshop - do I still feel good with this? 
-No. It's too heavy, too much pressure. 
Has it served its purpose? 
-Yes, for 10 years. 
Shall I give it away, give it to someone? 
-No. It will create the same pressure in someone. Burn it. 
Why should I burn it? 
-There's a better and lighter idea to replace it: 'I can think negative sometimes and still find it positive.' 

*Here are some minimalisms that are actually huge: 
- I don't know what anything is for, and it's okay. 
- I already have everything I need. 
- I need do nothing. 
- There is nothing to fear. 
- God is the Mind with which I think. 
- God is in everything I see.


No comments:

Post a Comment