Wednesday, April 26, 2017

I See Christ-Consciousness Now – Atho De La Cruz

This blog is second of a long series of profiles on friends and acquaintances I have met in my life journey. I invited them to share my spot because I believe in synergy, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We are parts of the whole, and together we are indeed great!

(Photo credit: Mystique Angels)
***

Atho De La Cruz and I first walked together the path of enlightenment in the mid-2000’s under the guidance of our beloved spiritual mentor, Sr. Fidelis Estrada. That was in Iloilo City, and now Atho lives and works in Davao City, Philippines, as Love Coach, Energy Healer, and Events Coordinator, among other things.

I asked Atho what he thinks are the best positive lessons he learned from his parents that are valuable to him now as an adult. He said his mother taught him a most valuable lesson - unconditional love. “When she discovered that I have same-sex relationship with my best friend, she just told me, ‘It’s ok, I still love you.’” His mom also taught him organizational skills - to “arrange your things properly, from small to big…arrange colors from light to dark.” From his father, Atho learned the maxim,“When you are in doubt, then do not do it.”

Atho considers Dr. Wayne Dyer, Master Ekhart Tolle, and Oprah Winfrey as his role models, as well as Sister Fidelis Estrada, Joseph Kuan Ken, and Magdalena Oconer. Sister Fidelis inspired him to do community development, because practicing spirituality without community is useless. Joseph Kuan Ken exemplified financial responsibility and generosity while Magdalena Oconer explained quantum energy to him.

Atho learned other valuable lessons from his friends:

Dr. Henny Cabado – Practicing Zen meditation

Eva Arnot – No significance to anything, detachment, POC and POD (Point of Creation and Point of Destruction), and Bars energy consciousness and practice

Dorothy Tome: “Testingan ta, eh” (“Let’s try anyway”), A Course In Miracles (ACIM), and Strategic Attraction Plan

“As an adult,” Atho continued, “I have learned to have no attachment to anything. I learned the meaning of Freedom, Peace of mind, and Service to others. I have realized that Oneness means, ‘whatever you do to others, you’re doing it to yourself.’ Life is a journey. The name of the game is cause and effect, or The Law of Karma. Also, the Law of Attraction is part of our brain – Reticular Activating System. My latest AHA is that, if we lose our sense of purpose, then life is useless. Finding its meaning is very important because that’s the only way to fuel life to live.”

The meaning Atho has found in his life has everything to do with his successes, current work, advocacy, and motivations. He writes: “My top three successes in life are my ACIM community in Davao, my career as Spa Director, and being a Love Coach/ Emotional Healer. I also consider having peace of mind as a win. The legacy that I would like to leave the world is my support group or ACIM community. I also want to leave a legacy of spiritual empowerment and love for others. I am working now as a freelance Spa and Events Consultant in Davao. My advocacy is to train my therapists or staff to continue my concept of Filipino Spa in the wellness industry. What motivates me is empowering single mothers and other people who are willing to learn the very essence of SPA. SPA means Salus Per Aqua – Latin for healing water. When you see or hear the word ‘spa,’ it’s not about massage but it’s all about holistic healing, serving the well-being of a person.”

True enough, Atho applies his holistic healing in his self-care practices. “Physically, I take care of myself through massage, manicure, pedicure, eight hours of sleep a day, and taking supplements. Emotionally, I acknowledge my awareness of my emotion. I go through it, and I also talk to someone I trust. Spiritually, I sit in Zen meditation. I also use mindfulness and affirmations. Mentally, through meditation, yoga exercises, walking meditation, and labyrinth meditation.”

Asked what beautiful changes he is seeing in the world now, Atho noted, “Christ-consciousness, and moving towards the value of LOVE and Oneness…As encouragement to my friends and family, I say, receive life with ease! Liberate yourself with glory!”



And so we shall, Coach Atho!

Atho can be reached through his Facebook account as Atho de la Cruz TBV – Love Coach. You can ask him what TBV means. (wink*) He also gives Tarot Card Reading, Angel Card Readings, workshops, and seminars.

No comments:

Post a Comment