Sunday, March 12, 2017

Choose Your Thoughts

I know hatred. I used to keep a Hate Journal where I listed what I hated about religion, my life, and especially my (first) marriage. It cost me that marriage, of course. I regularly had headaches, lower back pains, skin lesions, dandruff problems, allergies, and stomachaches (which later disappeared after I stopped writing entries in that Journal). Money did not seem to stay long. The house was in constant disrepair. Appliances broke too often.

I know sarcasm, insults, and vile words. When I was younger, I was careful to choose the most damaging words when I felt attacked and had to attack back. There was a season in my life when I fought every single day with my mother, using the most painful of words, phrases, and tone of voice. It cost me peace, of course. I had nightmares, tooth problems, mouth sores, and acidity on a regular basis. My mother of course cried a lot. My relationship with her got so bad that my father once boxed me in the ears for making her cry. I fought with my teachers, radio announcers, journalists, friends, husband, children. 

All because I believed I was worthless, ugly, unlovable. I believed life was difficult and money was scarce. I believed in loss and attack. I believed in the power of my ego. 

So, yes, I now know the power of beliefs that turn into thoughts that form into words that translate into behavior that result into experience that bring in more proofs of the same beliefs that extend on and on and go into loops and more loops and create traps for significant others. 

That's why I remind you: 

Be mindful of where you put your attention to. Be mindful of your words.


*** 

My life has turned around. I took Jesus' words seriously when He said, 'ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you.' I got born again with new beliefs about God and life. 

All aspects of my existence are now different, with the most dramatic changes in the physical and relational. Just by changing my thinking, I allowed the healing of all my unwanted physical conditions. By forgiving my past, I now have wonderful relationships with my mother and sister, and am friends with my ex-husband. 

Of course, it's not by my might nor by my power, but by the Spirit of God that animates me. 

That's why I remind you: 

Be mindful. Choose your beliefs. Choose what you want from this buffet of a life, and focus on it with gratitude, even as you allow others to find their way back to remembering their God- Truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment