Wednesday, March 1, 2017

From Whining to Winning

From WHINING to WINNING, all that’s needed on the surface is a change of letters. Deeper than that is a change of mindset, which leads to change in behavior.

I feel cold, so I wear a sweater.

My slippers have holes in them, so I wear socks.

It's dark inside the house, so I open the window.

It's too quiet, so I talk with my daughter.

I feel alone, so I chat with a friend somewhere in Asia.

My body feels lethargic, so I bend and twist and jump and tap.

I don't feel useful, so I rearrange wall decors.

There's nothing much to do, so I play Words With Friends.

I don't think I'm being productive, so I read.

My mind is too noisy, so I sleep.

And now, to apply this to the bigger picture:

From SCARED to SACRED, all that's needed on the surface is a slight shift of letters. Deeper than that is a radical shift in beliefs.

A constant view of the past and belief in its power leave us feeling SCARED about many things in the future. But, a shift in perception to the present moment - where life is actually happening and where we can make wise choices - allows us to observe that all of life is SACRED.


My parents struggled financially and I grew up thinking that I was poor. But that’s their past reality. I have changed my mind about the meaning of abundance, and now I can create my own reality about money, resources, and Source.

My older relatives got sick while walking in the rain and told me that rain will cause illness. But that’s their past reality. I made my own belief that the rain is my brother, and I have walked in the rain for 20 years without ever getting sick.

My children were told they will inherit the illnesses of their relatives. I told them that NO, they have power over their genes, and that God has power over all illnesses. And so they grew up healthy and strong, and they have remained as such.

On the surface or in the depths, shift happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment