Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Most Important Relationship I Have Is with Myself. – Manpreet Komal

(This blog is fourth of a long series of profiles on friends and acquaintances I have met in my life journey. I invited them to share my spot because I believe in synergy, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We are parts of the whole, and together we are indeed great!)

***

I first met Manpreet Komal in the Hay House Summit 2014 Facebook Group. One of our interactions that struck me as very relevant was after she posted her short but pointed comment on Fifty Shades of Grey. Manpreet said it’s a book with “abuse, sexual, and emotional acceptance of violence all over.” She also said, “There needs to be a new book – Fifty Shades of Light!” She agreed with me when I said that sex should be given back its sacred status. I intended to write a review of the book, but never got around to it. Meanwhile, as we went our separate ways in living our lives, I continued to witness online Manpreet’s inner and outer works as Breakthrough Shadow Coach, Choreographer, and Writer. She did write about her own LIGHT, and I saw her Light shining brightly! It also seemed that the theme of SELF was steadfast in Manpreet’s work. In my understanding, it is her Self IN God or God IN her Self that brings about self-respect, self-healing, and self-transformation, and thus radiates and reverberates outwardly.

Me: What do you think are the best positive lessons you learned from your parents that are valuable to you now as an adult?
MK: My mother, Charan Jit, teaches me to be resilient and that I have the inner strength to overcome anything life throws at me. She teaches me that a woman can be all encompassing - kind, gentle, strong, and powerful. My gift of writing and speaking to serve the world comes from my father, Ajit Singh Komal, and my grandfather, Kartar Singh Garib. Both these men have a legacy of helping communities, writing devotional poetry, and stories that come from the Gurus of Sikh Religion. They are highly respected for that by and within the Sikh community and many Gurudwaras (literally meaning, “God’s doors” but plainly, Sikh Temples). My father’s dedication to God is one of the reasons I am alive today. I changed my name to his last name “Komal” at a young age as I too wanted to take on a poetic last name and be like him.

Me: What great spiritual or esoteric lessons have you learned as an adult?
MK: To accept myself the way I am. The most important relationship I have is with myself.

Me: And your top three successes in life?
MK: Forgiving my husband, not being a victim to my health, and changing the pattern that was unconsciously driving me to be rescued by a man.

Me: How do you take care of yourself?
MK: I exercise, I stretch, I practice shadow work, I get help when I need help. I question my pain and difficult emotions and transform them through tools I have learned from shadow work. I ask God to step in all difficult conversations. I pray, light candles, and recite mantras. I aim to be a better person to respect myself more and not for others.

Me: What beautiful changes are you seeing in the world now?
MK: I think there are a lot of beautiful spiritual leaders shining their light and we have hit the next set of conscious evolution. My role models are Kelley Kosow - Leader of Ford Institute; Mark Matousek - International Best Selling Author, speaker, and retreat leader; and Nancy Levin – speaker and author.

Me: These questions are related: What is your current focus? What legacy would you like to leave the world? What is your encouragement to your friends and family?
MK: My current focus is healing myself to the next level and being in the best relationship with myself. What motivates me in doing that is to see my own family members and husband transform in front of me. As I heal and step up in my inner strength of accepting all the dirty, shameful parts of me including the bright, shiny parts of me, I am able to support those I love to do the same. And when they start accepting me and their own self in the new light, I am able to see how many other people I can support, including myself, at deeper levels. If I can heal, transform, and step into my power, they, too, can do that. The legacy I leave would be my Facebook pages, my books, my stories, my YouTube videos, podcasts, speeches, and hopefully a billion more-people content with themselves…and a loving and kind family. My encouragement to my family and friends is to do the shadow work.



***

Manpreet’s inspiring life story is featured in two best-selling international books, 365 Life Shifts and HALO: Lighting Up Heaven On Earth. She is waiting to publish another book. She can be found at www.manpreetkomal.org and Facebook www.facebook.com/lovethebeautifulmind

No comments:

Post a Comment